Monday 24 August 2015

Bluebird Tearooms - Clacton








It's currently pouring, like really pouring down with rain outside on a Monday afternoon and I'm desperately wishing I was on holiday again with Johnny! We spent the week at my family caravan in West Mersea adventuring around various parts of Essex! I will without doubt be sharing more of our adventures in posts to come (we went to Colchester zoo and had a picnic on the beach!). But I wanted to share a little gem we found in Clacton!

I hadn't been to Clacton in a long, long time and I must admit driving into the town I was a little worried. You see I had been after a proper afternoon tea for sometime and after some Google-ing I came across The Bluebird Tearooms and Convinced J that we had to go. So I was a little worried I had made the wrong decision. However the term 'Never judge a book by it's cover' definitely comes into play. It was a beautiful tearoom and definitely worth the visit! I had the afternoon tea for 1 which I believe was about £11, and J had a Jacket potato which he informs me was the best he'd had in a long time! 

As for my afternoon tea it was served on the most delightful vintage crockery, something that I believe is a must for afternoon tea! There were 1940 esq songs playing in the background and the setting was just perfect. The food itself was delicious and so filling I had to take the chocolate cake home! If  you ever find yourself in Clacton I declare it is an absolute must you visit The Bluebird Tearooms!

Chloe x







No comments:

Post a Comment