Thursday 8 November 2012

Secret gigs with Dr Martens!





















On Tuesday I was lucky enough to be invited to the secret gig launch night of the Dr Martens 
store in Broadmead, Bristol. If anyone knows me well, they will know I live in my limited edition Hello Kitty Docs, which you can see above! They are by far the best shoes I've ever owned. They're still intact despite wearing them for almost 365 days in rain, snow, sun, mud etc. I wear them to all my shoots as I know I'll be able to climb onto things, or walk across crooked paths without slipping or falling. So when the little email popped up in my inbox there was only ever going to be one answer... yes!

The shop was seriously awesome, and I loved the mural behind the till that said "Cheers Drive!" such a nice Bristolian touch on things. I do have a small confession, despite being a massive lover of Doc Martens I was naive enough to think that all they sold were shoes and boots... Oh how wrong I was! Lined up around the walls and tables were some of the prettiest and wonderfully made satchels I have ever seen, so when the manager announced after a few beers that there was a lovely bit of discount off that evening I swiftly sent my mum a text asking if I could buy one on her behalf as a birthday present to myself, and when she replied saying yes I pretty much squealed and leapt in the air (luckily the band was playing so I didn't look too odd!)

I decided on going for this beautiful pink and black satchel that matched my shoes, the quality of it is fantastic, and I am seriously going to love using my bag all the time! 

Next on my list of things to buy are these shoes, and also I'd quite like to own this pair too! Infact I'd quite like to own the whole store!

Will you be visiting the Dr Martens store anytime soon? 

Chloe!

1 comment:

  1. What a grate eveing, you take wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete