Friday 2 December 2011

Future...

So I had a tutorial with one of my tutors yesterday and he asked me what direction I wanted to go with photography, and I replied fashion and told him who I admired (Tim Walker, Nick Knight, Rankin etc) and I then said "but I haven't actually done any fashion based work since being on the course (for a year and a half)" And he was like :| DO IT! (in a nice way!) Which was a big reality check! I've been planning my own stuff on the side, which I'll blog about soon, but I just need to get my bum in gear! The project next term outlines that we have to use another medium as well as photography- ie: Screen printing, set design, prop making, sewing etc.. So that kinda allows me the freedom to make some awesome props and costume and do some awesome fashion stuff! I'm going to spend the whole of the Christmas holidays just planning shoots so as soon as we start back and get the brief I can book the studio literally once a week and do lots of shoots and make tonnes of props and start building a fashion portfolio and do what I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment