Sunday 18 December 2011

Xmas Blogger Party

I was invited by the lovely Gina @ MyStreetChic to take some photos at the first, but hopefully not last, Xmas blogger meet, sponsored by Boohoo.com. It took place on Friday at Java on Park Street, which was a lovely venue! The disco room was AMAZING and the ceiling was out of this world, although it didn't give the best light for photos :( But I persevered and got some good enough shots of the event!

The actual evening started at 7, guests were given a goodie bag filled with lovely treats ( I got one too!) and a free drink on arrival and had an hour to mingle and say hello before the fashion show started. I took this opportunity to photograph some of the lovely people there:






Kim (who had amazing DIY shorts!)

After that everyone made there way into the other room to watch the fashion show that was kindly put on by Boohoo.com. The models were smiling as were the guests and it was wonderful to photograph so many happy faces! I was having a bit of a tough time with the lighting, I desperately need better flash equipment (hopefully I win the lottery soon!) But like I said I tried my best and as it was my first time photographing an event of this nature I'm pleased with the outcomes!





I had an awesome time and spoke to some really lovely people, I would definitely love to go to another event, and hopefully get to talk to some more people. I've only had this blog for a couple of weeks but it was nice to meet some more bloggers! 

It also helped me gain more confidence speaking to new groups of people and asking to take their photo, and hopefully next time I photograph something like this I'll have updated my equipment better to suit this kind of environment.

I hope you all had fun too, and thanks again to Gina for organising a wonderful event!

Chloe !

P.S Lots more photos added on my Facebook page! Please feel free to 'like' it and share with your friends :)

5 comments:

  1. Aw thank you chloe :)

    I love that photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part Chloe, it was great having you there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome and fun!
    www.jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing people posting about this and I wish I could've gone!
    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely dress!

    xx
    deni

    ReplyDelete