Monday 16 January 2012

2/52 - Batman

A day late but I'm sure you don't mind!

Week 2's theme was Batman, I figured most people would go for the joker's face, white make up, red lips etc, so I decided to play around a bit with shadows and lighting.


This was the image I uploaded... I'm quite happy with how the shadow came out, however the bat edit was a bit rushed and I couldn't get it to go how I wanted so in the end I gave up! (bad I know!) But other than that I like it!

It was hilarious to capture though, I had to wait until it was dark, then I set up a kind of fort, attaching a duvet from one wall to the other between the door so there was enough room to get behind, I then had to put a lamp behind me. Next I set up my camera on a tripod with a reasonably long exposure and set the self timer, I then had to dash across the room, take position behind the curtain and hold my pose for a couple of seconds! Then run back to the tripod and see the result and change the camera settings accordingly... this went on for about half an hour running/diving to and from the tripod/fort!

I think I might try this again at a later date for another theme and refine the edit a little more!

No comments:

Post a Comment