Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Butterfly Catcher

A little late with this post but I promise I will become a better blogger, even if I just post random photos occasionally!

I did want to submit this as an editorial to a magazine but unfortunately I missed the summer deadlines :(

So back at the end of May I had a shoot with Megan of the Briar Rose blog. The theme was loosely based upon a character I created in my head of a butterfly Catcher. (I plan on writing a little more about the character at a later date and might even get Megan to write a short story about her as she's a fantastic writer!) I headed down to Bath with Luke and Kelly to meet Megan and then we set off to Prior Park, and awesome National Trust park in Bath that would be our location.

It was such a pleasure to work with Megan and she's a very warm and lovely person, and so easy to get on with, not to mention she is a fantastic model!

I was so happy with these photos and the idea of characters and a series of portraits/mini editorials based upon a little fantasy land is something that interests me a lot so hopefully I will have another series like this in the future!









I do have a few more to edit but I couldn't wait any longer to post so keep your eyes open!

2 comments: